TBWA lands £100 million global Aquafresh account
GlaxoSmithKline has appointed TBWA Worldwide to handle its estimated £100 million Aquafresh global advertising account.
The move ends Grey’s 14-year tenure on the business and follows a pitch process.
Aquafresh’s global advertising, including a UK spend of £10 million, will now be led out of TBWA\London.
The appointment will strengthen the agency’s existing relationship with GSK, which involves advertising for brands including Alli and NiQuitin.
Grey will continue to work on GSK’s healthcare range and oral hygiene brands including Sensodyne. It also handles advertising for the Lucozade energy drink.
Grey’s recent work for Aquafresh included a repositioning of the toothpaste brand after launching a campaign for its fruit-flavoured variant, which features the strapline: "Experience a new zone."
Last year, Aquafresh moved into broader content creation with the launch of a ten-minute film by the creative agency Kids Industries as part of a 12-month sponsorship deal with Cineworld Cinemas to promote its children’s toothpaste.
A GSK spokeswoman said: "TBWA was chosen as it demonstrated tremendous insight and creativity, which we believe will be invaluable as we look to reinvent consumers’ perceptions of Aquafresh."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency