Omnicom nearly back to 2008 profit heyday
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 15 February 2012 09:30AM
Omnicom is getting closer to regaining the $1bn (£638m) annual net income level it hit before the global financial crisis, as profits climbed 15%, helped by double-digit revenue growth in the UK.
In 2008, Omnicom racked up net income* of almost exactly $1bn on revenues of $13.4bn (£8.5bn), but the ensuing downturn bit a fifth off its bottom line the following year.
Its revenues are now higher than in 2008, having risen 10.6% on 2010 to $13.9bn (£8.8bn), although the same cannot be said for net income, up 15.1% to $952.6m (£607m).
The owner of creative networks TBWA, DDB and BBDO, and media powerhouses OMD and PHD, put in a strong performance in the UK, despite the relative lack of growth in the country's ad market.
UK revenues for 2011 were up 12.5% year on year, and up 7.9% on an organic basis, to $1.2bn (£763m).
On both measures the UK outperformed the US and Euro currency markets, although it accounts for less than 9% of overall revenues.
The rest of the world, which Omnicom groups together, grew revenues by 30.7% and by 12.3% on an organic basis, to $3bn (£1.9bn).
Last week, Omnicom's French rival Publicis Groupe revealed it had made 2011 revenues of €5.8bn (£4.9bn), up 7.3% on 2010.
*Net income after subtracting net income attributed to non-controlling interests
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits , City of London
- Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Digital Designer 4 Innovative Charity Zebra People £22000 - £28000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, South East
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency