M&C Saatchi lands £100m global Etihad ad account
Etihad Airways, the international airline based in Abu Dhabi, has appointed M&C Saatchi Worldwide to handle its £100 million global advertising account.
The agency captured the business after a review that began in October last year. M&C Saatchi, once British Airways’ agency of record, won a pitch that also involved Saatchi & Saatchi, Leo Burnett and Beattie McGuinness Bungay.
TBWA Worldwide was the previous incumbent and had held the account since 2005. The agency created Etihad’s recent TV campaign promoting its first-class suite and business-class flat bed, using the strapline: "From Abu Dhabi to the world."
M&C Saatchi will service the account from its London office as well as set up a new hub in Abu Dhabi.
The ad review follows investment by the airline in building its brand through sport tie-ups. Etihad, which was launched in 2003, signed last year as the main shirt sponsor of Manchester City Football Club in a ten-year, £400 million deal.
As part of the deal, the club’s ground was renamed the Etihad Stadium, with financial support given to a nearby sporting facility, to be named the Etihad Campus.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films