Virgin Group hires Saatchi & Saatchi for water launch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 23 February 2012 11:15AM
Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group has appointed Saatchi & Saatchi to launch its new water brand.
The group has also appointed Kitcatt Nohr Digitas to its direct account.
Saatchi & Saatchi won the business after a pitch process, which kicked off late last year.
The new brand is a result of Virgin’s deal with the Israeli food and water giant Strauss Group last year.
The Virgin-Strauss Water venture will market, sell and service water products, including home water dispensers and office water coolers.
The water will be purified using Strauss’ environmentally friendly technology.
The brand will launch in the UK this year with plans to expand across Europe. Strauss will own 58 per cent of the venture and the Virgin Green Fund will own 42 per cent.
Virgin set up its first drinks brand, Virgin Cola, in 1994. ?Its subsidiary Virgin Drinks went on to market the cola as well as alcohol brands.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Brand Manager FMCG Connect Up to £34,000 plus bonus potential and benefits, West Yorkshire
- Senior Brand Manager Better Placed Recruitment £Competitive, North West England
- Account Manager for South-West London integrated agency Gabriele Skelton £3035 - £4035 per annum, London
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity