Reality check - January 2012
By Campaign staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 March 2012 11:50AM
Our monthly round-up of consumer reaction to TV ads, supplied by Nielsen TV Brand Effect, has a new component this month: measurement of online consumer "buzz". The "most-talked-about ads online" table reveals the ads that generated the most buzz on social media and other online channels during the month.
The percentage figure relates to the proportion of online messages referring to a specific ad, against all discussions about new TV spots in January. Conversations could be negative or positive but, in terms of noise, British Heart Foundation and Weight Watchers were well ahead of the pack.
The Nielsen TV Brand Effect survey measures the percentage of viewers who can recall the storyline of an ad within 24 hours of seeing it. The "most-liked" table measures the percentage of viewers, among those who could recall an ad, who liked it. In January, there seemed to be little correspondence between rates of recall and affection, as not one spot appears in both tables.
Source: Nielsen TV Brand Effect. Only new ads airing 1-31 January. Minimum sample= 150. Online sample= 2,983.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London