Aegis to buy Chinese digital agency eLink
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 March 2012 10:54AM
Aegis has agreed to acquire Chinese digital agency Beijing eLink Advertising for an undisclosed sum to expand its digital network Isobar in the region.
The Beijing-based agency was founded in 2007 and specialises in online media buying, online PR, communcations strategy and website design.
Its clients include China Mobile Communications Corporation and the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China.
According to Aegis, eLink's gross assets at the end of last year were £3m. The transaction is subject to regulatory approval and expected to close in the second quarter.
The move is part of Aegis’s wider strategy to raise its digital profile and capabilities in faster growing regions, such as China.
Last year, Aegis made more than 10 acquisitions, including MediaVest Manchester, Lithuanian media agency, Creative Media Services UAB, and Canadian social media moderation company, ICUC Moderation Services.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Client Manager - Digital & Technical to £55k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Data & Database Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Digital Insight Manager Brand Recruitment £35000 per annum, Stevenage
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 p/a, South West
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency