Jam lands Wickes social media brief
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 March 2012 10:55AM
Wickes, the home-improvement retailer, has appointed the Engine-owned Jam to handle its social media account.
The retailer began a review of its account in November last year as it looks to increase its online business and the untapped home-improvement space in social media.
Last year, the brand shifted its focus from in-store activity to promote its catalogues and online services.
The appointment strengthens Engine's relationship with Wickes. The retailer appointed Partners Andrews Aldridge to its direct marketing business in February last year.
Wickes currently works with the design agency Libertine and MWO, the advertising incumbent, which created the strapline: "Wickes. It's got our name on it."
In a recent campaign voiced by the actor Timothy Spall, Wickes positioned itself as a one-stop shop for doors.
Wickes appointed Carat to its media planning and buying account at the end of 2011.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Planner - Shopper / Integrated agency / Recent award winner - to £50k Fill Recruitment to £50k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - OOH/Major Event Sponsorship Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Junior Art Director air recruitment Up to £28k - dependent on experience + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- EXHIBITION DESIGNER - EXHIBITION DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, West Midlands
- Account Manager- Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £27k - £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media