Bulmers picks Adam & Eve for £3m ad account
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 19 March 2012 07:00PM
Bulmers, the Heineken-owned cider brand, has hired Adam & Eve to handle its £3 million advertising account after a pitch.
The agency landed the account following a pitch against JWT London, WCRS and Wieden & Kennedy in a process handled through the AAR.
Heineken, which acquired the brand in 2008, called the review in January. St Luke's, the previous incumbent on the account, did not repitch but continues to handle ad duties on Bulmers' sister brand, Strongbow.
Earlier this week, Heineken appointed Work Club to handle the global digital advertising for its Strongbow Gold variant.
Adam & Eve has alcohol experience through its work for the lager brand Foster's, which is also brewed in the UK by Heineken.
Gareth Turner, the senior brand manager at Bulmers said the appointment marked "an exciting new chapter in the brand’s history in the knowledge that the agency will bring a fresh perspective and strong ideas to Bulmers, along with a creative reel that is second to none".
James Murphy, the Adam & Eve founding partner added that the campaign created by his agency would "assert the authenticity" of the Bulmers brand.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart