MEC retains $100m Activision international account
Activision, the gaming company behind the 'Call of Duty' franchise, has reappointed MEC as its media agency in all markets outside North America, including the UK.
It is understood that following a closed review of its planning and buying requirements, Omnicom's OMD has retained the Activision business in North America, while WPP-owned MEC has retained the business in all other markets.
The global value of the account is understood to be in the region of $200m (£128m), with markets outside North America accounting for half the spend.
MEC previously held the Activision media planning and buying account globally, but the North American business moved to OMD in June without a pitch, after MEC and Activision ended their relationship by mutual consent.
Following the move, it is understood that in late 2011, Activision started a closed review of its global media planning and buying requirements. It is believed that this review is now complete and no further changes have been made.
Representatives of Activision and OMD had not responded to requests for comment by the time of publication. A spokeswoman for MEC declined to comment.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London