campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 March 2012 12:08AM
The News International review is grinding to a conclusion with a pitch late this week and a result due soon after Easter. Whatever happens, the agencies embroiled in it will at least be glad it's over. The WPP creative/media agency teams up for contention are understood to be CHI & Partners alongside M6 and OgilvyOne, Grey partnering MEC, Ogilvy with Mindshare, and Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R (also with Mindshare).
Agencies, including DDB UK and McCann London, are pitching this week for Yell’s global advertising account after the announcement of a review last month. They might be encouraged to hear that the incumbent, Rapier, has pulled out of the pitch, which is led by Yell’s global chief marketing officer, Jenny Ashmore. "Strategic differences" appears to be the reason for the decision.
Last week, Shop Direct said that it would only involve its roster agencies in the £17 million pitch for brands including Littlewoods and Very.co.uk. The roster shop VCCP, which works onVery.co.uk, opted not to take part in the consolidation pitch, leaving Addiction and Contagious Content to fight it out. However, agency sources suggest that Shop Direct has since asked big non-roster shops to compete. Whether they will or not is a different matter.
HMDG, TBWA\London, Now and Ogilvy are still waiting for the phone to ring with news of which one has won the BT Business advertising account. A result on the pitch, which was handled by AAR, is expected next week at the latest.
The Specsavers media pitch reached its final stages this week with the client leaving its Guernsey base for presentations at three London media agencies. The incumbent, MEC, is up against Vizeum and Manning Gottlieb OMD.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency