campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 March 2012 12:08AM
The News International review is grinding to a conclusion with a pitch late this week and a result due soon after Easter. Whatever happens, the agencies embroiled in it will at least be glad it's over. The WPP creative/media agency teams up for contention are understood to be CHI & Partners alongside M6 and OgilvyOne, Grey partnering MEC, Ogilvy with Mindshare, and Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R (also with Mindshare).
Agencies, including DDB UK and McCann London, are pitching this week for Yell’s global advertising account after the announcement of a review last month. They might be encouraged to hear that the incumbent, Rapier, has pulled out of the pitch, which is led by Yell’s global chief marketing officer, Jenny Ashmore. "Strategic differences" appears to be the reason for the decision.
Last week, Shop Direct said that it would only involve its roster agencies in the £17 million pitch for brands including Littlewoods and Very.co.uk. The roster shop VCCP, which works onVery.co.uk, opted not to take part in the consolidation pitch, leaving Addiction and Contagious Content to fight it out. However, agency sources suggest that Shop Direct has since asked big non-roster shops to compete. Whether they will or not is a different matter.
HMDG, TBWA\London, Now and Ogilvy are still waiting for the phone to ring with news of which one has won the BT Business advertising account. A result on the pitch, which was handled by AAR, is expected next week at the latest.
The Specsavers media pitch reached its final stages this week with the client leaving its Guernsey base for presentations at three London media agencies. The incumbent, MEC, is up against Vizeum and Manning Gottlieb OMD.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Brand Manager Sky negotiable, Middlesex
- Web Designer / Front-End Designer / Digital Creative Guru Careers £35 - 50k DOE, Based in Angel, London (WC1)
- Senior Graphic Designer (retail) Beyond The Book £DOE, Northampton
- Events and Marketing assistant Under The Bridge £25,000, Fulham, South west london
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity