EDF introduces new character as part of Feel Better Energy activity
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 03 April 2012 12:05PM
EDF Energy, the French energy company, has launched a campaign to support its 'Feel Better Energy' brand positioning, featuring a new dancing brand character.
The campaign by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO promotes EDF's new Blue+Price Promise tariff – its first 100% nuclear-backed tariff.
The 60-second TV spot premiered yesterday evening (2 April). The character is based on YouTube hit "dancing robot" character Keepon, which has been licensed to the brand.
EDF's version is featured sitting, standing and dancing on a number of household electronic devices, including a vacuum cleaner and washing machine, set to a soundtrack of 'Together in Electric Dreams' by Phil Oakey.
The activity uses the strapline 'Feel better energy' and is also running a coverwrap on today’s 'Metro' as part of a media plan executed by MPG.
The creative team were Andy Booth and Jim Seath. The production company was Somesuch and Co.
EDF is currently reviewing its direct marketing business, while the result of its digital review is expected shortly.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Associate Director - Communities Research Hasson Associates £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Content Director - Social / Digital - [Drinks] - Excellent agency - to £40k+ Fill Recruitment £40k+ as well as superb benefits, London (Greater)
- Mid-weight / Senior Brand Planner Rare Selection £50K + excellent benefits including pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER ADVERTISING AGENCY Barker Graves £30K, london
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- Johnny Fearless closes after client departure
- WPP launches Xaxis Audio with Global
- Google aims to hold brands' hands with 'programmatic playbook'
- Manning Gottlieb OMD, MediaCom and PHD head shortlist for 2015 Thinkbox TV Planning Awards