EDF introduces new character as part of Feel Better Energy activity
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 03 April 2012 12:05PM
EDF Energy, the French energy company, has launched a campaign to support its 'Feel Better Energy' brand positioning, featuring a new dancing brand character.
The campaign by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO promotes EDF's new Blue+Price Promise tariff – its first 100% nuclear-backed tariff.
The 60-second TV spot premiered yesterday evening (2 April). The character is based on YouTube hit "dancing robot" character Keepon, which has been licensed to the brand.
EDF's version is featured sitting, standing and dancing on a number of household electronic devices, including a vacuum cleaner and washing machine, set to a soundtrack of 'Together in Electric Dreams' by Phil Oakey.
The activity uses the strapline 'Feel better energy' and is also running a coverwrap on today’s 'Metro' as part of a media plan executed by MPG.
The creative team were Andy Booth and Jim Seath. The production company was Somesuch and Co.
EDF is currently reviewing its direct marketing business, while the result of its digital review is expected shortly.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Junior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 + benefits , London (Greater)
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000, London (Greater)
- Client Services Director - Brand Marketing Agency ADLIB £60k - £65k, Bath
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake