EDF introduces new character as part of Feel Better Energy activity
EDF Energy, the French energy company, has launched a campaign to support its 'Feel Better Energy' brand positioning, featuring a new dancing brand character.
The campaign by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO promotes EDF's new Blue+Price Promise tariff – its first 100% nuclear-backed tariff.
The 60-second TV spot premiered yesterday evening (2 April). The character is based on YouTube hit "dancing robot" character Keepon, which has been licensed to the brand.
EDF's version is featured sitting, standing and dancing on a number of household electronic devices, including a vacuum cleaner and washing machine, set to a soundtrack of 'Together in Electric Dreams' by Phil Oakey.
The activity uses the strapline 'Feel better energy' and is also running a coverwrap on today’s 'Metro' as part of a media plan executed by MPG.
The creative team were Andy Booth and Jim Seath. The production company was Somesuch and Co.
EDF is currently reviewing its direct marketing business, while the result of its digital review is expected shortly.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Up to £80K + bonus, health, pension, Central London
- Digital Strategist - Growth & Innovation Consultancy Rare Selection Up to £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Consultant - 2 vacancies Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection Highly competitive, Central London