Holland & Barrett kicks off £6 million creative contest
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 April 2012 08:00AM
Holland & Barrett has contacted agencies about its £6 million advertising account.
The pitch is being led by Phil Geary, the Holland & Barrett trading director, and agencies have been invited to submit their credentials.
Holland & Barrett’s advertising is currently handled by Big Communications, which won the account in September 2009.
Its advertising was previously handled by WCRS, whose relationship with the retailer lasted only five months. The agency created the Mr Holland and Mr Barrett brand representatives and the strapline: "Come for the price, stay for the advice."
This was the first time that the retailer had adopted a brand campaign, but the strategy and characters were swiftly dropped and Holland & Barrett reverted to a price-led approach and signed up the Welsh TV presenter Gethin Jones to front its advertising.
It is understood that Geary now wants to shift the focus of its marketing away from price promotions to the expertise of its staff.
Holland & Barrett is planning to launch a campaign this year highlighting that its staff are trained to National Vocational Qualification standard.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Loyalty Senior Product Manager Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £25000 - £38000 per annum + benefits depending on experience, St. Albans
- Web Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £33000 - £36000 per annum, Benefits: + Excellent Benefits , Greater Manchester
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control