Holland & Barrett kicks off £6 million creative contest
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 April 2012 08:00AM
Holland & Barrett has contacted agencies about its £6 million advertising account.
The pitch is being led by Phil Geary, the Holland & Barrett trading director, and agencies have been invited to submit their credentials.
Holland & Barrett’s advertising is currently handled by Big Communications, which won the account in September 2009.
Its advertising was previously handled by WCRS, whose relationship with the retailer lasted only five months. The agency created the Mr Holland and Mr Barrett brand representatives and the strapline: "Come for the price, stay for the advice."
This was the first time that the retailer had adopted a brand campaign, but the strategy and characters were swiftly dropped and Holland & Barrett reverted to a price-led approach and signed up the Welsh TV presenter Gethin Jones to front its advertising.
It is understood that Geary now wants to shift the focus of its marketing away from price promotions to the expertise of its staff.
Holland & Barrett is planning to launch a campaign this year highlighting that its staff are trained to National Vocational Qualification standard.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Spectrum 360 Recruitment £33k - £42k, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad