Holland & Barrett kicks off £6 million creative contest
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 April 2012 08:00AM
Holland & Barrett has contacted agencies about its £6 million advertising account.
The pitch is being led by Phil Geary, the Holland & Barrett trading director, and agencies have been invited to submit their credentials.
Holland & Barrett’s advertising is currently handled by Big Communications, which won the account in September 2009.
Its advertising was previously handled by WCRS, whose relationship with the retailer lasted only five months. The agency created the Mr Holland and Mr Barrett brand representatives and the strapline: "Come for the price, stay for the advice."
This was the first time that the retailer had adopted a brand campaign, but the strategy and characters were swiftly dropped and Holland & Barrett reverted to a price-led approach and signed up the Welsh TV presenter Gethin Jones to front its advertising.
It is understood that Geary now wants to shift the focus of its marketing away from price promotions to the expertise of its staff.
Holland & Barrett is planning to launch a campaign this year highlighting that its staff are trained to National Vocational Qualification standard.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- General Manager - Integrated Advertising Agency - Dubai MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- MIDWEIGHT DESIGNER - award winning global agency! Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager, Clientside Hasson Associates £50,000 - £55,000, Central London
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Spectrum 360 Recruitment £30k - £40k, London, Soho
- Copywriter (fixed term contract) become £35-45, London
- ITV confirms major shake-up of Daybreak
- Man Utd teams with Google for pitch-side digital competition
- Campaign Viral Chart: Edeka's 'supergeil' ad leads viral hat-trick for German retailer
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- EE launches viral homage Gold Spot campaign
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'