MPG tops shortlist for 2012 Thinkbox Awards
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 April 2012 11:15AM
MPG Media Contacts leads the way with three nominations in the shortlist for the 2012 Thinkbox TV Planning Awards.
MPG has been shortlisted twice in the Response category, for work on Just-Eat, in association with WCRS, and Kia Rio. It has also been nominated in the Sponsorship and Content category for EBLEX.
UM London, OMD and its sister agency Manning Gottlieb OMD each have two nominations. UM has been shortlisted in the Innovation category for its product placement for Microsoft Xbox and in the Newcomer category on behalf of Marie Curie.
OMD and MG OMD are shortlisted in the Newcomer category for easyJet and Google Chrome respectively. OMD's other shortlisted entry is for Boots in the Response category, while MG OMD has also been nominated in Ongoing for John Lewis.
Thinkbox received a record 73 entries for the awards, held in association with Campaign and Media Week. Winners will be announced at Sketch on London's Conduit Street on 30 May.
The final judging takes place next week and the panel, chaired by the Thinkbox chief executive, Tess Alps, includes the joint head of planning at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO Craig Mawdsley and the sales director at Channel 4, Jonathan Allan.
|Category||Entered by||Client||Campaign Name|
|Innovation||UM London||Xbox||Product Placement in a League of its Own|
|Walker Media||M&S||M&S Kidswear 'Do Your Thing'|
|Integrated||Vizeum||IKEA||Happy to Bed|
|Fifty 6||TiVo||TiVo: the best use of TV in an integrated Campaign|
|Newcomer||Goodstuff||Ann Summers||The only way is Essex takeover|
|OMD||easyJet||easyJet's January Sale 2011|
|UM London||Marie Curie||Marie Curie's First TV Ad Leads to Best Appeal Ever|
|Manning Gottlieb OMD||Google Chrome||Google Chrome|
|Ongoing||Manning Gottlieb OMD||John Lewis||TV and Tears|
|John Ayling & Associates||Barnado's||Generating Action from Awareness; Life Story|
|Rocket||The Co-operative Funeralcare||How The Co-operative Funeralcare strengthened spontaneous awareness and brand consideration of a service few want to think about|
|Response||MPG Media Contacts||Kia Rio||Successful UK product placement in action Rio's spectacular response proves testament to power of the spectacle|
|Total Media||Hotwire.com||Hoting up response through TV|
|OMD||Boots||How OMD helped Boots Hearingcare to Feel Good|
|WCRS/Engine and MPG Media Contacts||Just Eat||Making a small brand big using TV|
|Sponsorship and content||Find My Past||ZenithOptimedia||Find my past on yesterday|
|Save the Children||Adam and Eve||Born to Shine|
|Eblex||MPG Media Contacts||Red Tractor Beef and Lamb, Eblex: From spot, to sponsorship to AFP|
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Temporary Marketing Executive - 3 month contract Brand Recruitment £30000 per annum + benefits, Northampton
- Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £65000 per annum + bonus, Colchester
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Coordinator Brand Recruitment £20000 per annum, Yaxley
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity