MPG tops shortlist for 2012 Thinkbox Awards
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 April 2012 11:15AM
MPG Media Contacts leads the way with three nominations in the shortlist for the 2012 Thinkbox TV Planning Awards.
MPG has been shortlisted twice in the Response category, for work on Just-Eat, in association with WCRS, and Kia Rio. It has also been nominated in the Sponsorship and Content category for EBLEX.
UM London, OMD and its sister agency Manning Gottlieb OMD each have two nominations. UM has been shortlisted in the Innovation category for its product placement for Microsoft Xbox and in the Newcomer category on behalf of Marie Curie.
OMD and MG OMD are shortlisted in the Newcomer category for easyJet and Google Chrome respectively. OMD's other shortlisted entry is for Boots in the Response category, while MG OMD has also been nominated in Ongoing for John Lewis.
Thinkbox received a record 73 entries for the awards, held in association with Campaign and Media Week. Winners will be announced at Sketch on London's Conduit Street on 30 May.
The final judging takes place next week and the panel, chaired by the Thinkbox chief executive, Tess Alps, includes the joint head of planning at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO Craig Mawdsley and the sales director at Channel 4, Jonathan Allan.
|Category||Entered by||Client||Campaign Name|
|Innovation||UM London||Xbox||Product Placement in a League of its Own|
|Walker Media||M&S||M&S Kidswear 'Do Your Thing'|
|Integrated||Vizeum||IKEA||Happy to Bed|
|Fifty 6||TiVo||TiVo: the best use of TV in an integrated Campaign|
|Newcomer||Goodstuff||Ann Summers||The only way is Essex takeover|
|OMD||easyJet||easyJet's January Sale 2011|
|UM London||Marie Curie||Marie Curie's First TV Ad Leads to Best Appeal Ever|
|Manning Gottlieb OMD||Google Chrome||Google Chrome|
|Ongoing||Manning Gottlieb OMD||John Lewis||TV and Tears|
|John Ayling & Associates||Barnado's||Generating Action from Awareness; Life Story|
|Rocket||The Co-operative Funeralcare||How The Co-operative Funeralcare strengthened spontaneous awareness and brand consideration of a service few want to think about|
|Response||MPG Media Contacts||Kia Rio||Successful UK product placement in action Rio's spectacular response proves testament to power of the spectacle|
|Total Media||Hotwire.com||Hoting up response through TV|
|OMD||Boots||How OMD helped Boots Hearingcare to Feel Good|
|WCRS/Engine and MPG Media Contacts||Just Eat||Making a small brand big using TV|
|Sponsorship and content||Find My Past||ZenithOptimedia||Find my past on yesterday|
|Save the Children||Adam and Eve||Born to Shine|
|Eblex||MPG Media Contacts||Red Tractor Beef and Lamb, Eblex: From spot, to sponsorship to AFP|
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency