BETC London wins global project for Samsung Smart TV
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 16 April 2012 02:32PM
Consumer electronics brand Samsung has awarded BETC London a brief to produce a global digital campaign for its new range of Smart TVs.
The agency won a pitch against an undisclosed competitor for the work, which was commissioned in addition to a product-focused campaign by CHI & Partners.
The pitch was conducted by the Visual Display Business of Samsung Electronics, which is based in Korea.
BETC's work will focus on the "entertainment aspect of what the TV can do" and will break online next week and potentially appear on television in some markets, according to agency chief executive Matthew Charlton.
Jinny Jung, marketing director at Samsung Electronics’ Visual Display Business, said: "We are very excited to work with BETC London. They came up with numerous brilliant and original ideas, and it was difficult to choose only one."
BETC London opened its doors in May 2011 and has since won clients including Warburtons, Cockburn's and Ken Livingstone’s mayoral campaign.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency