Agencies line up for telecoms giants' new venture
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 April 2012 08:00AM
Three of the UK's biggest mobile operators, O2, Vodafone and Everything Everywhere, are looking for an agency to handle the advertising to support the launch of a mobile payment joint venture.
The mobile companies plan to launch a mobile wallet, which allows users to pay for items with a swipe of their mobile phones, later this year, pending approval from the European Commission.
Representatives from the new venture, codenamed Project Oscar, have already had initial meetings with agencies interested in pitching for the business, as part of a process being run by AAR.
The telecoms groups plan to create the platform and an advertising sales house that could reach every subscriber on their networks. It would be the first of its kind in Europe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- General Manager - Integrated Advertising Agency - Dubai MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- MIDWEIGHT DESIGNER - award winning global agency! Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager, Clientside Hasson Associates £50,000 - £55,000, Central London
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Spectrum 360 Recruitment £30k - £40k, London, Soho
- Copywriter (fixed term contract) become £35-45, London
- ITV confirms major shake-up of Daybreak
- Man Utd teams with Google for pitch-side digital competition
- Campaign Viral Chart: Edeka's 'supergeil' ad leads viral hat-trick for German retailer
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- EE launches viral homage Gold Spot campaign
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'