Coral seeks creative agency ahead of ad push
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 April 2012 10:45AM
Coral, the Gala Coral-owned retail bookmaker, has put its advertising business up for pitch.
Olly Raeburn, the marketing director at Coral, has approached agencies directly and plans to have new arrangements in place by summer ahead of a major brand campaign.
Engine won the Gala Coral business in 2009 after a three-way pitch. The account is run through Partners Andrews Aldridge, which handles the below-the-line business.
Gala Coral appointed the7stars to handle its £3 million media buying account at the end of last year. The Engine-owned consultancy Edwards Groom Saunders continues to oversee media planning.
The company operates six businesses. Its primary interests are Coral, which is the third-largest retail bookmaker in the UK with a 20 per cent market share; Gala Bingo, which is the leading bingo brand with a 34 per cent market share; and Gala Casinos, which is the third-largest casino business.
Other gambling companies that are currently reviewing, or have recently reviewed, their advertising include BetVictor, Costa Bingo, Unibet and Rank Interactive.
Marketing activity in the gambling sector has increased significantly since the 2007 Gambling Act, which allowed casinos, bookmakers and online betting brands to advertise their services on TV and radio for the first time.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director / Junior Account Director - [Shopper / Broadcast] - Superb agency! Fill Recruitment Ltd to £45k plus exciting benefits, London
- Qualitative Research Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + car allowance, bonus, London
- Insight Executive/Manager, FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £23000.00 - £28000.00 per annum, London
- Category Insight Manager, FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £33000 - £38000 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity