Razorfish scoops Emirates social media business
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 April 2012 11:00AM
The Emirates Group has appointed Razorfish to handle its global social media activity after a pitch.
The appointment comes as the global airline group, which has previously lacked an organised social media presence, is turning to Facebook to build an emotional connection with its customers.
Razorfish will create a Facebook page as the first step in establishing the group's social media footprint.
The airline hopes to make its brand more relevant to a wider audience, as well as driving loyalty among existing customers.
Emirates is hoping to catch up with rivals such as American Airlines and Air France - the carriers with the most popular Facebook pages.
British Airways launched an app last August and also uses its Facebook page as a marketing tool.
Emirates recently launched a global TV campaign by its lead creative agency, StrawberryFrog, using the strapline: "Hello tomorrow."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London