Razorfish scoops Emirates social media business
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 April 2012 11:00AM
The Emirates Group has appointed Razorfish to handle its global social media activity after a pitch.
The appointment comes as the global airline group, which has previously lacked an organised social media presence, is turning to Facebook to build an emotional connection with its customers.
Razorfish will create a Facebook page as the first step in establishing the group's social media footprint.
The airline hopes to make its brand more relevant to a wider audience, as well as driving loyalty among existing customers.
Emirates is hoping to catch up with rivals such as American Airlines and Air France - the carriers with the most popular Facebook pages.
British Airways launched an app last August and also uses its Facebook page as a marketing tool.
Emirates recently launched a global TV campaign by its lead creative agency, StrawberryFrog, using the strapline: "Hello tomorrow."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Director - Doha, Qatar (Tax free salary) MCG Associates Tax Free Salary, Doha, Qatar
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Outstanding FMCG Marketing Manager GoodEgg Digital £70k + Terrific benefits, M4 Corridor/Slough, Berks
- Social Media Coordinator- Freelance Creative Recruitment negotiable, City of London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement