Razorfish scoops Emirates social media business
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 April 2012 11:00AM
The Emirates Group has appointed Razorfish to handle its global social media activity after a pitch.
The appointment comes as the global airline group, which has previously lacked an organised social media presence, is turning to Facebook to build an emotional connection with its customers.
Razorfish will create a Facebook page as the first step in establishing the group's social media footprint.
The airline hopes to make its brand more relevant to a wider audience, as well as driving loyalty among existing customers.
Emirates is hoping to catch up with rivals such as American Airlines and Air France - the carriers with the most popular Facebook pages.
British Airways launched an app last August and also uses its Facebook page as a marketing tool.
Emirates recently launched a global TV campaign by its lead creative agency, StrawberryFrog, using the strapline: "Hello tomorrow."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Project Manager PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits, West London
- PR Account Executive Brand Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum + dependent on skills and experience , Milton Keynes
- Research Director - Consumer Goods PSD Group c. £70K + package, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency