Agencies line up for Jagermeister brief
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 April 2012 11:00AM
Jagermeister, the German herbal liqueur popular as a mixer or a shot, is looking for an ad agency to promote the brand in the UK.
It has approached agencies directly and is due to hold initial chemistry meetings next week.
The brand has recently positioned itself with live music, particularly in the heavy metal genre. As well as the Jagermeister tour of UK cities, it has a presence at festivals including Damnation in Leeds, Bloodstock in Derby and Slam Dunk in Hertfordshire.
This mirrors a global strategy. In the US, the brand has associated itself with heavy metal bands and tours and, in Australia, it sponsors the independent music AIR Charts.
Four years ago, Jagermeister appointed Syzygy and its sister agency Hi-Res to work on global digital activity.
Jagermeister was originally developed as a digestif and a cough remedy. Translated, it literally means "hunt-master" and the brand's logo features a reindeer.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Propel £30000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Web Designer Propel £28000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Milton Keynes
- Digital Project Manager Propel £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films