My YouTube ad of the week: Sushma Sagar, Banana Republic
Campaign YouTube, Tuesday, 01 May 2012 02:47PM
Sushma Sagar reviews Turner Benelux
Sushma Sagar, senior brand manager, Banana Republic
Why I like this
I can't imagine that many people outside Belgium had heard of TNT prior to this video, but an impressive 24 million people now have, according to the YouTube statistics.
TNT is a Belgian TV channel specialising in drama. What better way to communicate this than to throw a heap of it on to an unsuspecting public?
Of course, it wasn't long before curiosity got the better of a passer-by. The big, red, shiny button was pressed and the drama ensues. The payoff comes in the form of a banner, which unravels on the side of a building with the strapline: "Your daily dose of drama."
The technique of plotting a PR stunt, letting it happen, filming the reactions and putting it on the web is not new, but this one is particularly arresting. It's funny, it's quick, it's clever and it makes perfect sense.
TNT has managed to literally bring the channel's proposition to life with a stunt that didn't just capture the attention - nor did it just entertain - but it clearly and memorably communicated the brand message.
This article was first published on Campaign YouTube
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Interactive Digital Designer: (Mobile, Tablet, Web, Smartphone) Creative Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum + Negotiable, London
- Digital Designer & Content Manager (Website, Rich Media) Creative Recruitment £33000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Senior Optimisation Manager (RTB) Digital Gurus £25000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager - Tesco Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance + Benefits, Weybridge
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push