Boots kicks off pitch for digital business
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 May 2012 08:00AM
Boots, the high-street retailer, is reviewing its digital advertising arrangements.
The company has approached UK digital agencies directly to invite them to compete for the business.
Boots is understood to be looking for an agency to provide a unified digital strategy to bolster its share of the online health-and-beauty market.
The retailer’s relationship with its above-the-line incumbent, Mother, is not affected by the review.
In the UK, Boots has previously worked with Agency Republic and Grand Union, which it appointed in 2006.
The brand has traditionally focused on its above-the-line communications. It is currently running a TV campaign by Mother promoting its Number 7 range, which introduced a new brand positioning focusing on "real" women.
A Boots spokewoman said: "Boots UK will be developing a roster of digital production agencies who will work alongside existing agencies. This roster will be for Boots UK only. OMD will not be affected by this."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Design Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, Reading
- DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (Ecommerce, Retail, CRM) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- WEB CONTENT COORDINATOR-(Retail,Ecommerce,CMS,Web Management) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Community Manager, Integrated Agency, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Creative Artworker Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Volvo van Damme spot nears 60 million YouTube views