Boots kicks off pitch for digital business
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 May 2012 08:00AM
Boots, the high-street retailer, is reviewing its digital advertising arrangements.
The company has approached UK digital agencies directly to invite them to compete for the business.
Boots is understood to be looking for an agency to provide a unified digital strategy to bolster its share of the online health-and-beauty market.
The retailer’s relationship with its above-the-line incumbent, Mother, is not affected by the review.
In the UK, Boots has previously worked with Agency Republic and Grand Union, which it appointed in 2006.
The brand has traditionally focused on its above-the-line communications. It is currently running a TV campaign by Mother promoting its Number 7 range, which introduced a new brand positioning focusing on "real" women.
A Boots spokewoman said: "Boots UK will be developing a roster of digital production agencies who will work alongside existing agencies. This roster will be for Boots UK only. OMD will not be affected by this."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency