Boots kicks off pitch for digital business
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 May 2012 08:00AM
Boots, the high-street retailer, is reviewing its digital advertising arrangements.
The company has approached UK digital agencies directly to invite them to compete for the business.
Boots is understood to be looking for an agency to provide a unified digital strategy to bolster its share of the online health-and-beauty market.
The retailer’s relationship with its above-the-line incumbent, Mother, is not affected by the review.
In the UK, Boots has previously worked with Agency Republic and Grand Union, which it appointed in 2006.
The brand has traditionally focused on its above-the-line communications. It is currently running a TV campaign by Mother promoting its Number 7 range, which introduced a new brand positioning focusing on "real" women.
A Boots spokewoman said: "Boots UK will be developing a roster of digital production agencies who will work alongside existing agencies. This roster will be for Boots UK only. OMD will not be affected by this."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- PPC Campaign Executive - London Search Agency Silverdrum to £25,000 + benefits, London
- UK Marketing Controller Better Placed Recruitment £40000 - £49000 per annum + Car Allowance + Bonus , Greater Manchester
- Senior Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Competitive Salary, Birmingham
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity