campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 May 2012 08:00AM
Our retail spies inform us that Karmarama and TBWA Group have made it on to the longlist for Tesco's £110 million ad account, joining the other contenders JWT, McCann London, SapientNitro, VCCP and WCRS. Chemistry meetings are expected to take place next week before four shops are invited to take their place in a June pitch. Oystercatchers is handling the brief.
Agencies keen to understand the post-COI world are preparing for a meeting at the QEII Conference Hall in London on 21 May. COI's successor, the Government Communication Network, will hold an event for agencies to explain how agency procurement will work. Organised in association with the Government Procurement Service, Jenny Grey, the executive director for government communications, and Francis Maude, the Minister for the Cabinet Office, are hosting. It's free, which may be a word agencies get used to hearing from the GCN and GPS.
Pitches for the online betting brand BetVictor, which uses the TV presenter Paddy McGuinness to front its ads, are taking place at the end of this week. Agencies aren't expecting to wait long to find out whether the client "likeys" them.
Pitches for the £10 million Sony Music review will take place around 23 May. Arena Media, Mindshare and MEC will be battling to snatch the business from the incumbent, Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Agencies vying for the BBC media account (PHD, MEC, Initiative, Maxus and MPG Media Contacts) pitched last week and have been told there will be no more meetings, and it will be "just questions" from now on. A result is expected on 20 June.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Strategic Planning Director - Multinational Advertising Agency - Dubai HR Source Very attractive TAX FREE salary, Dubai
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade negotiable, Sandringham
- Direct Marketing Manager Prostate Cancer UK £39,362 per annum, London Bridge
- Graphic Designer Major Players £20000 - £40000 per annum, Thames Ditton
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'