Diary: Playing the name game
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 May 2012 08:00AM
Hometown, Corner, 101, Gravity Road. How do the start-ups come up with their names?
It's a question that's been exercising Damon Collins, who will shortly be unveiling his new venture with Richard Exon. In a crowdsourcing exercise, he is inviting people to choose from more than 100 names, with logo and agency positioning, at www.richanddamonsname.com. Among the suggestions are "Colon: a cohesive communications emporium", "Exaco: a pure-play publicity agency" and "Advertz: an utter insight house". And if you don't like any that the name generator comes up with, you can always submit one of your own via Twitter. JWT's Russell Ramsey Tweeted that "they could do the ads this way". Cynic.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London