C4's Benton heads Arena investment
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 May 2012 11:00AM
Daren Benton has been appointed to the role of head of investment at Arena Media.
Benton, previously the deputy head of strategic sales at Channel 4, will take up the post this summer, reporting to the managing director, Pedro Avery.
He will lead Arena's investment of client budgets, drive its new-business growth strategy and head buying, trading and negotiations.
The move follows the agency's recent management restructure, which saw Avery become the managing director and the former managing director Pippa Glucklich promoted to chief operating officer.
Avery said: "Daren has been a leading creative force in TV sales. His expertise will help us secure real commercial benefits for our clients."
Benton said: "I'm delighted to be joining Arena Media at an exciting time. They have a great reputation for not just focusing on price, but also the value and innovation of new ideas and concept."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £46,000 per annum, South West
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/CA, London
- Digital Project Manager Brand Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum + £32,000 - £40,000, Brentwood
- Producer Premier Media Up to £35,000, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Argos reviews £55 million ad account