In association with
Doritos 'Mariachi Doritos' by AMV BBDO
Campaign Work, Wednesday, 30 May 2012 04:22PM
A TV spot for the PepsiCo-owned tortilla chips brand Doritos, created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, follows the Mariachi Doritos band as it brings Mexican fun to house parties by performing British pop classics such as Don't You Want Me by The Human League.
With the strapline "For fun, add a little Mexican", the ad directs viewers to a Facebook competition that offers them the chance to win an exclusive live or virtual performance from the Mariachi Doritos band.
The spot breaks on 1 June and will run for four weeks. It was written by Mark Fairbanks and Prabs Wignarajah, and art directed by Thiago de Moraes and Jez Tribe. It was directed by Sniper Twins through Independent.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency