In association with
Doritos 'Mariachi Doritos' by AMV BBDO
Campaign Work, Wednesday, 30 May 2012 04:22PM
A TV spot for the PepsiCo-owned tortilla chips brand Doritos, created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, follows the Mariachi Doritos band as it brings Mexican fun to house parties by performing British pop classics such as Don't You Want Me by The Human League.
With the strapline "For fun, add a little Mexican", the ad directs viewers to a Facebook competition that offers them the chance to win an exclusive live or virtual performance from the Mariachi Doritos band.
The spot breaks on 1 June and will run for four weeks. It was written by Mark Fairbanks and Prabs Wignarajah, and art directed by Thiago de Moraes and Jez Tribe. It was directed by Sniper Twins through Independent.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Director of Strategy Factory Design Labs Depending on Qualifications, Valais
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London
- Brand Partnerships Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent commission & benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity