campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 May 2012 08:00AM
The big news of the week is the surprise decision by JWT London to withdraw from the £110 million Tesco pitch, managed by Oystercatchers. Whether this has anything to do with the secondary chemistry meetings that were held last week or bad blood, no-one is saying, but it leaves TBWA Group, VCCP and Wieden & Kennedy vying for the task.
Having invited eight agencies to go through to the chemistry stage, Coral, the Gala Coral-owned bookmaker, then asked three shops to pitch for its business. This has been whittled down further with just M&C Saatchi and DLKW Lowe through to the final round. A result is expected in Cannes week.
The AA pitch has gone into research, leaving VCCP and McCann London, awaiting a final decision. Much like Coral, this is thought to be happening in Cannes week, giving one agency an excuse to hit the bar and the other a reason to hit the sack.
Bahlsen is expected to announce which agency has picked up its advertising account this week. Beattie McGuinness Bungay, Doner and M&C Saatchi pitched for the business two weeks ago.
The Warburtons review is continuing apace, with Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO pulling out of the process and M&C Saatchi knocked out.
Starcom, Carat, PHD and the incumbent, Maxus, are among the shortlisted agencies that have pitched for the Experian business. Agencies expect a swift conclusion, with a result possibly at the end of this week.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- PPC Executive - Digital Media Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager - Experiential and Events - 38K - 42K Bamboo Crowd £38K - £42K, Central London
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Leicester
- Senior Account Director - Festival Activation and Music Sponsorship - 55K - 60K Bamboo Crowd £55K - £60K , Central London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity