Sex and the City star shares love of Super Mario
Nintendo is launching an ad starring 'Sex and the City' actress Kim Cattrall in which she describes how Mario is the one man she can always rely on to have some fun.
The television campaign for 'Super Mario 3D Land' features Cattrall in her bedroom reaching across to her bedside table and opening her Nintendo 3DS to indulge in some "me time".
She says her and Mario's shared loved of dressing up has kept things "interesting" over the years.
The creative highlights how Super Mario can provide the perfect escape for women and is designed to promote how important it is to make time for play whatever their age.
Vanisha Kavia, junior product manager at Nintendo UK, said: "The new campaign is all about women having fun.
"Kim Cattrall is an inspiration for women of all ages. She's attractive, successful, intelligent and knows how to have fun."
The TV campaign launches today (11 June) and runs for two weeks across the major analogue and digital TV stations. Karmarama created the ad, which was directed by Aneil Karia.
'Super Mario 3D Land' is the first-ever 3D Mario adventure game and features the Tanooki suit, which is based on the Japanese racoon dog.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Communications Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependant on Experience, Teddington, London (Greater)
- Product Designer / Engineer Nu Creative Talent £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts