MEC Access picks up Vodafone brief
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 June 2012 09:00AM
Vodafone has hired MEC Access to work on finding its next eight-figure global sponsorship property.
MEC's sponsorship business landed the brief after a pitch held through the consultant Creativebrief.
The WPP-owned MEC Access will assess the sponsorship market for Vodafone to identify potential opportunities in areas that could include sport, music, entertainment, arts and culture.
WPP handles advertising for Vodafone through its Team Red division, but the search is understood to have extended beyond WPP shops.
Although the initial appointment is to work with Vodafone on reviewing opportunities, MEC Access could then work with the brand on signing the deal and activating the partnership.
It is thought that Vodafone hopes to find a sponsorship as significant as its support for the McLaren Formula One team, which runs until at least the end of 2013.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Senior Manager Customer Engagement - Sports Brand (Relocation) Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- Digital Sales Account Director Ultimate Asset £43000 - £45000 per annum + 15-20k comms, London
- Senior Manager Loyalty Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- Account Manager: Ecommerce Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £28000 per annum, Stockport
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- Ocean Outdoor finds new owners in Searchlight Capital