MEC Access picks up Vodafone brief
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 June 2012 09:00AM
Vodafone has hired MEC Access to work on finding its next eight-figure global sponsorship property.
MEC's sponsorship business landed the brief after a pitch held through the consultant Creativebrief.
The WPP-owned MEC Access will assess the sponsorship market for Vodafone to identify potential opportunities in areas that could include sport, music, entertainment, arts and culture.
WPP handles advertising for Vodafone through its Team Red division, but the search is understood to have extended beyond WPP shops.
Although the initial appointment is to work with Vodafone on reviewing opportunities, MEC Access could then work with the brand on signing the deal and activating the partnership.
It is thought that Vodafone hopes to find a sponsorship as significant as its support for the McLaren Formula One team, which runs until at least the end of 2013.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- Direct Marketing Executive Stopgap £26000 per annum, London
- Account Manager- Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £26k - £33k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PROJECT MANAGER - LONDON - £30-40K + BENEFITS Salt £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- A manifesto for media planning