MEC Access picks up Vodafone brief
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 June 2012 09:00AM
Vodafone has hired MEC Access to work on finding its next eight-figure global sponsorship property.
MEC's sponsorship business landed the brief after a pitch held through the consultant Creativebrief.
The WPP-owned MEC Access will assess the sponsorship market for Vodafone to identify potential opportunities in areas that could include sport, music, entertainment, arts and culture.
WPP handles advertising for Vodafone through its Team Red division, but the search is understood to have extended beyond WPP shops.
Although the initial appointment is to work with Vodafone on reviewing opportunities, MEC Access could then work with the brand on signing the deal and activating the partnership.
It is thought that Vodafone hopes to find a sponsorship as significant as its support for the McLaren Formula One team, which runs until at least the end of 2013.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films