Holiday Inn Group consolidates £60m global ad account to WPP
The Holiday Inn Group has consolidated its £60m global advertising account out of McCann Erickson and into WPP without a pitch.
The hotel chain owned by The Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) already works with Mindshare on its £80m media business and OgilvyOne on its global CRM business and a number of smaller WPP shops across the world.
It is unconfirmed which WPP agency will lead the creative account.
The appointment is part of WPP’s decision to develop dedicated advertising, media and marketing teams to service big global clients.
In 2010 McCann Erickson New York was appointed as the lead agency to the £60m global account.
The agency picked up the business following a pitch against Fallon in the US - the group's previous roster agency.
In March Holiday Inn launched a major new integrated campaign in support of its London 2012 sponsorship.
The campaign, created by McCann Manchester, includes a 30-second spot and featured four-times BMX World Champion and London 2012 medal hopeful Shanaze Reade.
Holiday Inn is the official hotel provider to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £42,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Innovation Development Manager Stopgap £35750 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Social Content Producer leading London Digital Agency highly progressive social account Ramsden Road c.£40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Secure Connectivity Product Manager Barclay Meade £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Berkshire
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account