Cannes 2012: DDB UK impresses despite few UK agencies making Cannes Press shortlist
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 18 June 2012 09:54AM
There was scant evidence of UK agencies in the Press category at this year's Cannes Lions, with just five agencies making the shortlist.
However, DDB UK led the UK entrants, with nominations for Volkswagen "flower", "graph", "bouncing coin" and "cheering man" work. Harvey Nichols, a brand regularly recognised by the Press Awards, also earned DDB recognition for its "summer sale" press work.
Bartle Bogle Hegarty also made the shortlist for its Axe work "fireworks" and "petrol station", while Wieden & Kennedy secured three nominations for its Honda "sweetcorn", "fish" and "lightbulb" executions. DLKW Lowe was also nominated for its OMO press work "mud", "adventures" and "bravery".
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO was also shortlisted for Mars "Houdini".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital and RM Data Performance Manager Direct Recruitment £55,000 - £60,000, West London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014