Cannes 2012: DDB UK impresses despite few UK agencies making Cannes Press shortlist
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 18 June 2012 09:54AM
There was scant evidence of UK agencies in the Press category at this year's Cannes Lions, with just five agencies making the shortlist.
However, DDB UK led the UK entrants, with nominations for Volkswagen "flower", "graph", "bouncing coin" and "cheering man" work. Harvey Nichols, a brand regularly recognised by the Press Awards, also earned DDB recognition for its "summer sale" press work.
Bartle Bogle Hegarty also made the shortlist for its Axe work "fireworks" and "petrol station", while Wieden & Kennedy secured three nominations for its Honda "sweetcorn", "fish" and "lightbulb" executions. DLKW Lowe was also nominated for its OMO press work "mud", "adventures" and "bravery".
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO was also shortlisted for Mars "Houdini".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Marketing & Communications Executive The Crown Estate Circa £26,000 plus benefits, Central London
- Brand Strategy Director Rare Selection Up to £100K + benefits, Central London
- Senior Strategic Marketing Consultant Rare Selection Up to £90K + benefits, Central London
- Account Manager Pitch Consultants £21000 - £27000 per annum, Birmingham