Sainsbury's launches summer campaign celebrating boys' friendship
Sainsbury's is launching a summer television campaign today (20 June) featuring two boys making friends across a garden fence and spending the summer together.
The creative is designed to show how Sainsbury's is committed to helping its customers "live well for less" by demonstrating how children can entertain themselves and enjoy the simple pleasures in life, without needing expensive days out.
The supermarket's Tu clothing range will feature throughout the 60-second ad to demonstrate the value on offer through shopping at Sainsbury's.
Abbott Mead Vickers created the campaign that will air during 'Coronation Street' on ITV1 and will run throughout the summer.
The theme song from The Monkees television show is the soundtrack to the ad and the supermarket will give away free copies of the track to coincide with the campaign.
Sainsbury’s is making 1,000 copies of the track free to download via its website.
Sarah Warby, marketing director at Sainsbury's, claims the campaign marks the "next chapter" in its "live well for less" brand promise.
She said: "The summer holidays can be particularly expensive, especially for many customers with families, but at Sainsbury's they can enjoy competitive prices without compromising on quality or values.
The spot was filmed on location in Buckhurst Hill, Essex, directed by Tony Barry and produced by Sonny.
Barry also directed Sainsbury's previous "father and son" ads, alongside working on ads for companies including VW, MTV and Land Rover.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account