Cannes 2012: JWT, AMV and Albion all win Radio Lions
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 20 June 2012 08:30PM
UK agencies put in a better showing this year in the Radio category, with JWT, AMV BBDO, Albion and Global Radio Creative, winning Lions.
The Grand Prix went to Brazilian agency Talent Sao Paolo for its "repellent radio" work for Go Outside Magazine. The work comprised a high frequency broadcast with the ability to turn the radio into a mosquito repellent.
JWT led the pack winning Silver in two categories for its Tourism Ireland campaign, featuring the "curragh races", "pirate boat tour" and "lisdoonvarna matchmaking festival" spots.
AMV BBDO won two Bronzes, one for its Domestic Violence Awareness "women’s aid" work, and another for its London Metropolitan Police work "bus" and "tube" spots.
Albion London also got Bronze for its spot for the charity Anthony Nolan "perfect match".
Global Radio Creative, Global Radio’s in-house shop, got a Bronze for War Child with its "XFM breakfast ad breaks".
Last year no UK agencies made the Radio shortlist.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Global Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £60000 per annum + car + excellent bonus, West London
- Senior Company Analyst Jarlett de Grouchy £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Slough
- Category Manager - Snacks Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £45000 per annum + £5K Car + Benefits, Uxbridge
- Copywriter become £40K, Central London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions