Cannes 2012: JWT, AMV and Albion all win Radio Lions
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 20 June 2012 08:30PM
UK agencies put in a better showing this year in the Radio category, with JWT, AMV BBDO, Albion and Global Radio Creative, winning Lions.
The Grand Prix went to Brazilian agency Talent Sao Paolo for its "repellent radio" work for Go Outside Magazine. The work comprised a high frequency broadcast with the ability to turn the radio into a mosquito repellent.
JWT led the pack winning Silver in two categories for its Tourism Ireland campaign, featuring the "curragh races", "pirate boat tour" and "lisdoonvarna matchmaking festival" spots.
AMV BBDO won two Bronzes, one for its Domestic Violence Awareness "women’s aid" work, and another for its London Metropolitan Police work "bus" and "tube" spots.
Albion London also got Bronze for its spot for the charity Anthony Nolan "perfect match".
Global Radio Creative, Global Radio’s in-house shop, got a Bronze for War Child with its "XFM breakfast ad breaks".
Last year no UK agencies made the Radio shortlist.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Display Account Manager- Print and Digital £35K Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Account Director, partnership marketing, amazing brand! The Industry Club London Ltd Up to £50k, Central London, some travel to Surrey
- Consultant/Senior Consultant at a leading executive search consultancy Hanson Search Competitive Package , London
- Marketing Manager Dynamic New Alliances £45000.00 per annum + benefits, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive