Greenpeace turns around ad in 24 hours to protect the Arctic
Greeenpeace has taken just 24 hours to create an ad that calls for the protection of the North Pole and the creation of a global sanctuary to prevent oil drilling in the Arctic.
The ad was created by Trevor Beattie and his creative agency Beattie McGuiness Bungay (BMB), in collaboration with PR Mark Borkowski.
The ad uses footage of the Arctic’s natural landscape and wildlife while a voiceover from actor John Hurt narrates, calling for consumers to sign up to www.savethearctic.org and to stop the possibility of oil drilling in the North Pole.
Beattie created the ad, with Borkowski's new collaborative consultancy, Borkowski.do, as project originator.
Others involved in the project include producer Julia Reed from iM London, producer John Hassey from Skin Flicks, and director and editor Richard Anthony.
John Sauven, executive director of Greenpeace, said: "This is one of Greenpeace’s biggest campaigns and one that relies, above all, on the participation of people from across the world who feel strongly enough about the future of our planet to actively take a stand.
"In creating the commercial in 24-hours we started a collaborative, frenetic process that will carry this movement right to the top of the world."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account