Mindshare ends Sony Music's 13-year relationship with MG OMD
Sony Music Entertainment has awarded its £10m media planning and buying account to Mindshare, following a final round of the review process against MEC and the incumbent Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Sony Music Entertainment called the review in March and after initial conversations with a number of agencies it shortlisted WPP-owned Mindshare alongside sister agency MEC, MG OMD and Havas' Arena Media.
Arena Media is understood to have dropped out of the competition earlier this month.
Sony Music Entertainment owns the Columbia, Roc Nation and Simon Cowell's Syco record labels. Its artists include Bob Dylan, Simon & Garfunkel, Michael Jackson, Oasis, Adele and Coldplay.
The pitch process was led by Sony Music Entertainment's media and planning director Charles Wood.
Following the merger of Sony Music Entertainment and the German Bertelsmann Music Group, the combined business, then called Sony BMG Entertainment, appointed MG OMD to its consolidated account in April 2005.
MG OMD had previously worked on the Sony Music business, while the BMG account was held by Vizeum.
The music industry has been under pressure over the last 15 years following the expansion of digital music sharing and although global digital revenues rose by 8% last year overall sales declined by 3% (source: IFPI).
MG OMD and MEC declined to comment. Mindshare was unavailable for comment.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014