Mindshare ends Sony Music's 13-year relationship with MG OMD
Sony Music Entertainment has awarded its £10m media planning and buying account to Mindshare, following a final round of the review process against MEC and the incumbent Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Sony Music Entertainment called the review in March and after initial conversations with a number of agencies it shortlisted WPP-owned Mindshare alongside sister agency MEC, MG OMD and Havas' Arena Media.
Arena Media is understood to have dropped out of the competition earlier this month.
Sony Music Entertainment owns the Columbia, Roc Nation and Simon Cowell's Syco record labels. Its artists include Bob Dylan, Simon & Garfunkel, Michael Jackson, Oasis, Adele and Coldplay.
The pitch process was led by Sony Music Entertainment's media and planning director Charles Wood.
Following the merger of Sony Music Entertainment and the German Bertelsmann Music Group, the combined business, then called Sony BMG Entertainment, appointed MG OMD to its consolidated account in April 2005.
MG OMD had previously worked on the Sony Music business, while the BMG account was held by Vizeum.
The music industry has been under pressure over the last 15 years following the expansion of digital music sharing and although global digital revenues rose by 8% last year overall sales declined by 3% (source: IFPI).
MG OMD and MEC declined to comment. Mindshare was unavailable for comment.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%