Ocado opens creative agency talks
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 June 2012 08:00AM
Ocado, the online grocer, has approached creative agencies to invite them to compete for an advertising brief.
The brand is thought to be in the market for a shop to create a one-off campaign and its marketing team has approached agencies directly.
Ocado is looking to boost its brand during what could be a difficult summer period for its business. Despite unveiling a small six-month profit earlier this week, Ocado shares fell sharply on its warning that the Olympics will hit sales. This follows remarks in May from its commercial director, Jason Gissing, that the Jubilee and Olympics would "bugger up" Ocado’s business.
Ocado currently invests little in brand advertising, focusing instead on inserts and outdoor activity to raise awareness of promotions and new product ranges.
In July last year, Ocado ran a targeted outdoor campaign, created in-house, with the aim of attracting French citizens living in London to its new French food range.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart