Dental specialist Invisalign to sponsor C5's The Bachelor
Invisalign, manufacturer of a clear alternative to teeth braces, has signed a six-figure deal to sponsor the new series of 'The Bachelor', Channel 5's reality love contest.
The sponsorship will run throughout the 10-episode series, which starts this evening, and will be supported by advertorials in Channel 5’s sister magazine, the Northern & Shell-owned OK!
This series of 'The Bachelor' stars Spencer Matthews from Channel 4’s 'Made in Chelsea' and will see 24 women compete for his affections in the south of France.
Invisalign, which makes clear and removable aligners that are able to straighten teeth in between nine to 18 months, usually spends the majority of its marketing budget on press ads.
The sponsorship was negotiated by Vizuem, which won the account for Invisalign’s parent group Align Technology in 2007.
Jamie Morley, general manager UK & Ireland for Align Technology, said: "This is the first broadcast sponsorship for our brand in the UK and 'The Bachelor' is the ideal vehicle to position Invisalign to our core young, female audience."
'The Bachelor' starts at 10pm this evening, straight after 'Big Brother'.
Agostino Di Falco, partnerships director at Channel 5, said: "We scheduled 'The Bachelor' to build on the inherited 'Big Brother' audience, making it a really dominant strand for Channel 5 against young women.
"In concentrating their broadcast budget with Northern and Shell, Invisalign have seen the opportunity to focus for effect."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Manager - Selling to Agencies Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Commission, London
- National Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Client Director - Planning department leading OOH specialist Ultimate Asset £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, City of London
- EMEA Sales Consultant Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition