Founder Mark Cridge to exit Glue and Aegis Isobar network
Mark Cridge, the global managing director of Aegis Media's Isobar network and founder of Glue, has decided not to return to the business following a six-month sabbatical.
Cridge was due to return to the business this July, having worked for the Green Party during his time off from the company. It is unknown whether he has a job to go to or whether he will be replaced.
Cridge founded Glue in 1999 and worked as chief executive of the business, before taking moving to the role of global managing director in May 2010. The digital agency was bought by Aegis Group in 2005 for £14.7m and was rebranded under the Isobar network in 2010.
Last year, Cridge was inducted into Brand Republic's inaugural 'Hall of Fame' after being voted for by industry peers and rivals as a leader who has made an outstanding contribution to advertising, marketing and communications over the past decade.
In Cridge's last profile as leader of Glue Isobar, Jason Goodman, chief executive and founder of rival Albion, admitted his worry was the industry "would lose him", believing the 39-year-old was "far too young to be put out to pasture just yet in a global network role".
Cridge's exit has not yet been confirmed by Aegis.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Business Development Manager Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Marketing and Events Coordinator Brand Recruitment £18000 per annum + benefits, Watford
- PR Executive Brand Recruitment £22000 per annum, Lowestoft
- Creative Recruitment Consultant (Freelance Specialist) Â– Blue Skies Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Commision Scheme & Benefits , Richmond upon Thames