Gocompare.com 'bazooka Sue' by Dare
Campaign Work, Tuesday, 03 July 2012 04:32PM
Gocompare.com's latest TV ad features Sue Barker trying to blow up the brand character Gio Compario.
The spot shows Gio singing his signature song to a young couple. It cuts to a shady character, later revealed to be Barker, taking aim with a bazooka. The work, the first by Dare since winning the business, was created by Colin Smith and Angus Vine, and directed by Big Red Button through Moxie Pictures.
Other celebrities are lined up to take on the role of assassin in later spots. Gocompare.com has been running a teaser campaign for the past week with print and outdoor ads that deface Gio.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart