Sorrell to carry Olympic Flame
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 July 2012 12:35PM
WPP chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell has accepted an invitation from the International Olympic Committee to be a torchbearer for the Olympic Flame in the London Borough of Redbridge.
Sorrell is scheduled to become one of 32 torchbearers in Redbridge, in the North East of the capital, on 22 July, five days before the Opening Ceremony for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
A spokesman for the International Olympic Committee in Switzerland said: ‘Sir Martin Sorrell has been a long-term friend and adviser of the Olympic movement, regularly offering advice and counsel.
‘He played a key role in the Olympic Congress in 2009 where he helped the movement formulate its strategy to reach out to young athletes and sports fans.’
A WPP spokesman said: ‘Martin has had a long association with the Olympic movement. He supported the successful London 2012 bid campaign, including in Singapore during the run-up to the vote in 2005. The IOC invited him to take part in the torch relay and he was delighted to accept.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business