Mother creates Coca-Cola torch relay ad in run-up to Games
Coke is to air the next phase of its Olympic 'Move To The Beat' campaign, which will feature footage from the UK-wide torch relay.
The ad, created by Mother, will form a central plank of Coca-Cola's 'Move To The Beat' activity.
It airs on Monday (16 July) and shows different runners in different parts of the country holding the torch, spliced between footage of street parties and torch-relay processions from up and down the UK.
The runners in the ad are a group of six winners, aged between 16 and 26, of Coca-Cola's 'Future Flames' activity, which allowed members of the public to nominate the people in their local area that they believed deserved the accolade for their contribution to their community.
The ad uses a remixed version of Mark Ronson and Katy B's specially created track, 'Anywhere in the world', and ends with the line, "Celebrate Britain's beat with Coca-Cola."
The TV work is supported by outdoor and digital activity, along with the creation of a "colourful and visual representation" of the campaign for consumers to visit at the Olympic Park.
Coca-Cola is one of three presenting partners of the 70-day Olympic Torch Relay, alongside Samsung and Lloyds TSB.
James Eadie, Olympic portfolio director, Coca-Cola Great Britain, said: "This latest instalment brings together our activity as a presenting partner of the Olympic Torch Relay with our 'Move To The Beat' campaign – celebrating our 'Future Flames' remarkable achievements by not only carrying the flame for Coca-Cola, but now also appearing in our new TVC."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London
- Brand Partnerships Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent commission & benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, North London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity