Diary: Art of Facebook speak
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 July 2012 08:00AM
Facebook is cool, isn't it? Not so, judging from some of its direct marketing that arrived at Campaign this week.
The letter, in the excitable tone of a Reader's Digest correspondence, promised "£50 in FREE advertising!" to the holder. The person it was addressed to had their name spelt wrong and was given the wrong marital status and an incorrect job title. We've had more sophisticated door-drops from the local pizza house. The attendees at a recent ISBA lunch might empathise. Marketers there got the Facebook treatment in the form of a speech from the managing director, Joanna Shields. We hear she found an infinite number of ways to say precisely nothing. Needless to say, she got no "likes".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Midlands
- Analytics Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Executive Adam Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Liverpool