Vitaminwater calls pitch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 July 2012 08:00AM
Coca-Cola is inviting agencies to pitch for the European advertising business for its Vitaminwater brand.
Initial meetings between Coca-Cola and pitching agencies are lined up for the coming weeks.
The water brand's advertising has been slammed in the past for making misleading claims, with one poster banned by the Advertising Standards Authority last year.
The ASA ruled that the description of Vitaminwater as "nutritious" was misleading because each 500ml bottle contained about 23g of sugar, or a quarter of a person's GDA for sugar, as well as added vitamins.
Vitaminwater works with Exposure on its advertising in the UK. The agency created a campaign for Vitaminwater last year that ran across outdoor and highlighted the spectrum of colours used on the brand's packaging.
As part of the campaign, a Facebook competition invited people to "show their vits" and "join the vit pack" for the chance to win prizes.
More recent advertising for the brand has focused on promoting its status as a London 2012 global partner. In May, Vitaminwater used its Twitter account to give away Olympic beach volleyball tickets.
Jessie J was signed up as Vitaminwater's brand ambassador in September last year as it announced its London 2012 partnership.
As part of its initial activity around the Olympics, Coca-Cola encouraged people to co-create a new Vitaminwater variant, using a crowdsourcing project called Flavour Creator on its Facebook page.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign