Agencies line up for global Huawei brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 July 2012 08:00AM
The Chinese telecoms giant Huawei has kicked off a global pitch for a corporate brand strategy brief.
Huawei Group has invited networks to pitch to create a campaign to build its corporate brand in key markets including the UK, China, Japan, Europe and North America. The pitch is being led out of China.
The move follows the company's appointment of Bartle Bogle Hegarty as its global advertising agency for its Devices business division in February.
Huawei, which is China's biggest exporter and the second-largest supplier of mobile telecoms infrastructure equipment in the world, is looking to ramp up its communications.
The brand is currently gearing up to roll out a UK marketing push for its consumer mobile and tablet products as it seeks to establish itself in the international smartphone market.
BBH was assigned to work on an integrated campaign to launch two smartphone products for the brand in two key markets and to develop a brand platform.
Huawei was founded in 1987 and began exporting in 2000. More than 65 per cent of its revenues are from abroad.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED AGENCY - £40K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London
- Senior Creative Team - Dubai based (tax free salary) MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary, Dubai
- Senior PAYG Product Marketing Manager EMR £55000 - £60000 per annum + $1500/monthly accommodation allowance, Vietnam
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement