Agencies line up for global Huawei brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 July 2012 08:00AM
The Chinese telecoms giant Huawei has kicked off a global pitch for a corporate brand strategy brief.
Huawei Group has invited networks to pitch to create a campaign to build its corporate brand in key markets including the UK, China, Japan, Europe and North America. The pitch is being led out of China.
The move follows the company's appointment of Bartle Bogle Hegarty as its global advertising agency for its Devices business division in February.
Huawei, which is China's biggest exporter and the second-largest supplier of mobile telecoms infrastructure equipment in the world, is looking to ramp up its communications.
The brand is currently gearing up to roll out a UK marketing push for its consumer mobile and tablet products as it seeks to establish itself in the international smartphone market.
BBH was assigned to work on an integrated campaign to launch two smartphone products for the brand in two key markets and to develop a brand platform.
Huawei was founded in 1987 and began exporting in 2000. More than 65 per cent of its revenues are from abroad.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Asssitant RoDO Ltd Competitive, Greater Manchester
- Digital Project Manager PFJ £25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + benefits + bonus, London
- Strategic Planning Director - Multinational Advertising Agency - Dubai HR Source Very attractive TAX FREE salary, Dubai
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade negotiable, Sandringham
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'