Agencies line up for global Huawei brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 July 2012 08:00AM
The Chinese telecoms giant Huawei has kicked off a global pitch for a corporate brand strategy brief.
Huawei Group has invited networks to pitch to create a campaign to build its corporate brand in key markets including the UK, China, Japan, Europe and North America. The pitch is being led out of China.
The move follows the company's appointment of Bartle Bogle Hegarty as its global advertising agency for its Devices business division in February.
Huawei, which is China's biggest exporter and the second-largest supplier of mobile telecoms infrastructure equipment in the world, is looking to ramp up its communications.
The brand is currently gearing up to roll out a UK marketing push for its consumer mobile and tablet products as it seeks to establish itself in the international smartphone market.
BBH was assigned to work on an integrated campaign to launch two smartphone products for the brand in two key markets and to develop a brand platform.
Huawei was founded in 1987 and began exporting in 2000. More than 65 per cent of its revenues are from abroad.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- Campaign Viral Chart: first kiss video is most-shared ad this week
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push