WCRS scoops £8m Warburtons brief
Warburtons has hired WCRS to handle its £8 million ad account after a final three-way shoot-out against VCCP and Beattie McGuinness Bungay.
The review was announced in April and the incumbent, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, withdrew from the process.
RKCR/Y&R picked up the business in 2009, ending a 12-year relationship with Bartle Bogle Hegarty. The account followed Richard Exon two years after he left BBH to join RKCR/Y&R.
Matt Edwards, the chief executive of WCRS, said that the agency has been appointed on a rolling rather than temporary contract.
RKCR/Y&R focused on promoting the brand as a family bakery. Its debut campaign was shot in a mock-epic Hollywood style and showed employees preparing an early morning bread delivery.
The company's chairman, Jonathan Warburton, said: "We look forward to working with WCRS over the coming months."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- eCRM Campaign Manager PFJ £200 - £300 per day, London
- EMEA Marcomms Manager Barclay Meade £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus + benefits, London
- Planner - MW Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: A host of company benefits, London
- Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £19000 - £24000 per annum, Surrey
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency