WCRS scoops £8m Warburtons brief
Warburtons has hired WCRS to handle its £8 million ad account after a final three-way shoot-out against VCCP and Beattie McGuinness Bungay.
The review was announced in April and the incumbent, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, withdrew from the process.
RKCR/Y&R picked up the business in 2009, ending a 12-year relationship with Bartle Bogle Hegarty. The account followed Richard Exon two years after he left BBH to join RKCR/Y&R.
Matt Edwards, the chief executive of WCRS, said that the agency has been appointed on a rolling rather than temporary contract.
RKCR/Y&R focused on promoting the brand as a family bakery. Its debut campaign was shot in a mock-epic Hollywood style and showed employees preparing an early morning bread delivery.
The company's chairman, Jonathan Warburton, said: "We look forward to working with WCRS over the coming months."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Middleweight Designer become £36K, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, South East
- Interim Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum + Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign