WCRS scoops £8m Warburtons brief
Warburtons has hired WCRS to handle its £8 million ad account after a final three-way shoot-out against VCCP and Beattie McGuinness Bungay.
The review was announced in April and the incumbent, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, withdrew from the process.
RKCR/Y&R picked up the business in 2009, ending a 12-year relationship with Bartle Bogle Hegarty. The account followed Richard Exon two years after he left BBH to join RKCR/Y&R.
Matt Edwards, the chief executive of WCRS, said that the agency has been appointed on a rolling rather than temporary contract.
RKCR/Y&R focused on promoting the brand as a family bakery. Its debut campaign was shot in a mock-epic Hollywood style and showed employees preparing an early morning bread delivery.
The company's chairman, Jonathan Warburton, said: "We look forward to working with WCRS over the coming months."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London