In association with
Nissan 'world's cheapest taxi rank' by AKQA
Campaign Work, Monday, 16 July 2012 10:56AM
To promote the fact that the Nissan Leaf is six times cheaper to run than petrol-fuelled vehicles, the company set up a taxi rank in London, with ten electric cars taking people around the city for a few pence.
Journey requests came in for destinations all over London, with professional taxi drivers from the Battersea-based Climate Cars driving the 100 per cent electric fleet.
Successful Tweeters were picked up at a special "taxi rank" at the Truman Brewery, near Liverpool Street station.
AKQA devised the campaign and developed it in collaboration with Nissan. The agency has created a film showcasing the activity, which can be viewed here.
The campaign is also being used to gather consumer feedback on a potential taxi of the future, with Nissan already confirmed as the exclusive supplier of the next New York yellow cab.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Investment Executive PFJ £28000.00 - £30000 per annum, London
- MW - Senior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Crisis Management PR Specialist Network Marketing £45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits, Manchester
- Senior Manager Digital Marketing EMEA Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, South East England