C4 Paralympics spot invites Britain to 'meet the superhumans'
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 18 July 2012 01:15PM
Channel 4's in-house agency 4creative has created an upbeat 90-second ad showing the herculean preparations of the UK's leading Paralympians and telling the country to 'forget eveything you know about humans'.
Set to the hip hop track ‘Harder Than You Think’ by Public Enemy, the ad was shot over 14 days at eight different sports arenas across the country.It features shots of disabled athletes such as swimmer Ellie Simmonds and sprinter Jonnie Peacock, before cutting to a woman who has just received bad news about her unborn child and images of a car after a crash.
The ad was commissioned by Channel 4 marketing, and conceived and directed by Tom Tagholm, for Channel 4’s in-house agency, 4creative.
It was produced by Gwilym Gwilym and Rory Fry and edited by Tim Hardy with post production by MPC.
Dan Brooke, Channel 4’s chief marketing and communications officer, said: "London 2012 is a coming of age moment for the Paralympics and this marketing campaign is designed to help bring a whole new audience to it, and may even raise a goosebump or two along the way."
It was broadcast at 9pm last night across 24 different UK television channels, including all of Channel 4’s networks, ITV1, Five, Sky One, Eurosport and all of UKTV’s channels.
The overall campaign will include outdoor, press and digital activity with media planning and buying by OMD.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London
Agency: Adam & Eve