Vodafone kicks off pan-European digital review
Vodafone is looking for an agency to handle its digital account across major markets in Europe.
The telecoms giant has appointed AAR to handle a process that is expected to result in the appointment of a single agency to develop its online user experience and strategy. This would then be implemented in specific markets by Vodafone’s local shops.
Vodafone, which does not currently retain an agency in this international role, is expected to maintain its current roster of local shops, which include Agency Republic, Dare and SapientNitro in the UK.
The bulk of Vodafone’s non-digital advertising business is handled by WPP via its dedicated Team Red unit. However, the digital pitch is expected to involve non-WPP shops.
WPP’s grip on Vodafone’s ad business was strengthened last year with the appointment of Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to its £47 million account.
While the Omnicom network OMD handles Vodafone’s media planning and buying, last month the company appointed the WPP-owned MEC Access to work on finding its next major global sponsorship property.
Earlier this year, Vodafone introduced the Star Wars character Yoda into its advertising campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014