Reality check June 2012
By Campaign staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 July 2012 11:30AM
McCann Manchester's Aldi campaign continues to resonate with viewers. Its "nuns" execution was the most-recalled spot of June while also featuring among viewers' most-liked ads, according to data from Nielsen and NM Incite.
The most-liked TV ad was Comparethemarket.com's "circus" by VCCP, with a score that suggests it was liked twice as much as the average new TV ad in June.
Bartle Bogle Hegarty's "home advantage" spot for British Airways, featuring a plane apparently travelling by road to the Olympic Stadium, was the most-discussed ad online, accounting for close to 10 per cent of all online discussions about new TV commercials.
The "most-remembered" score is the percentage of viewers who can recall within 24 hours the storyline of an ad. These scores are indexed against a mean score for all new ads, with 100 representing the mean. The "most-liked" score is the percentage of viewers who liked a spot indexed against the mean score of 100.
|Reality check June 2012|
Most-talked-about ads online
|McCann Manchester||VCCP||Bartle Bogle Hegarty|
|'train'||'nuns'||'supporting a nation'|
|Euro RSCG London||McCann Manchester||McCann Birmingham|
|'circus'||'it understands you'||'baby'|
|VCCP||Cheil Worldwide||The Leith
|4||B&Q||139||4||Kellogg Special K||137||4||Gocompare.
|McCann London||Leo Burnett||Dare|
|'freebee rewardz'||'as nature
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart