In association with
Virgin Media 'kung fu' by BBH
Campaign Work, Thursday, 19 July 2012 11:22AM
Stephen Fry stars in Virgin Media's latest tongue-in-cheek campaign for its TiVo service, which features the writer and presenter performing some martial arts moves alongside Sir Richard Branson.
The multimillion-pound campaign, created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, consists of two ads that aim to highlight the speed and functions of TiVo.
The first ad, which debuted on Facebook before airing on ITV, shows Fry doing the splits, while Branson whips a remote control from his sleeve and throws it through the air, kung fu-style. Fry catches it one-handed and uses it to search for kung fu programmes, to highlight the speed of TiVo’s intelligent search functionality.
The ad closes with the strapline: "Everything kung fuey in the blink of an eye." It was created by Lewis Mooney and Ed Cole, and directed by Anthony Dickenson through Pulse Films.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- B2B Account Director AF Selection £40,000, Birmingham
- Copywriter-large leading business ADLIB Up to £30k, Dorset
- Head of Design for top Integrated Advertising Agency Mavis Recruitment £80k dependent on experience, Central London
- Mid-Weight Graphic Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London