In association with
Virgin Media 'kung fu' by BBH
Campaign Work, Thursday, 19 July 2012 11:22AM
Stephen Fry stars in Virgin Media's latest tongue-in-cheek campaign for its TiVo service, which features the writer and presenter performing some martial arts moves alongside Sir Richard Branson.
The multimillion-pound campaign, created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, consists of two ads that aim to highlight the speed and functions of TiVo.
The first ad, which debuted on Facebook before airing on ITV, shows Fry doing the splits, while Branson whips a remote control from his sleeve and throws it through the air, kung fu-style. Fry catches it one-handed and uses it to search for kung fu programmes, to highlight the speed of TiVo’s intelligent search functionality.
The ad closes with the strapline: "Everything kung fuey in the blink of an eye." It was created by Lewis Mooney and Ed Cole, and directed by Anthony Dickenson through Pulse Films.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films