Zenith Media looks for MD as Stephen Farquhar joins Zenith China
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 July 2012 11:00AM
Zenith Media is on the hunt for a new managing director following Stephen Farquhar's decision to depart the UK office of the Publicis-owned agency to take the role of MD of Zenith China.
Farquhar will move to China in October. He will report to Steven Chang, the ZenithOptimedia chief executive for Greater China, working alongside a yet-to-be-named MD at its sister agency Optimedia China.
Farquhar was previously the head of strategy at Zenith Media and, before that, held the same post at the WPP agency Mindshare Sydney. In the UK, he worked alongside Optimedia's MD, Mark Howley, after both agency brands took their own identities in a restructure of ZenithOptimedia in October 2010.
The agency said that it is in the process of looking for Farquhar's replacement and is considering both internal and external candidates.
Farquhar said: "China is, understandably, of high strategic importance to ZenithOptimedia and Publicis Groupe, and I'm daunted and excited by the scope of the role.
"Most of all, I'm really grateful to Steve King (the global chief executive) and Gerry Boyle (the UK chief executive) for making this happen. It shows a global network that really cares about its people and its global ambitions."Follow @Banham72
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel