Zenith Media looks for MD as Stephen Farquhar joins Zenith China
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 July 2012 11:00AM
Zenith Media is on the hunt for a new managing director following Stephen Farquhar's decision to depart the UK office of the Publicis-owned agency to take the role of MD of Zenith China.
Farquhar will move to China in October. He will report to Steven Chang, the ZenithOptimedia chief executive for Greater China, working alongside a yet-to-be-named MD at its sister agency Optimedia China.
Farquhar was previously the head of strategy at Zenith Media and, before that, held the same post at the WPP agency Mindshare Sydney. In the UK, he worked alongside Optimedia's MD, Mark Howley, after both agency brands took their own identities in a restructure of ZenithOptimedia in October 2010.
The agency said that it is in the process of looking for Farquhar's replacement and is considering both internal and external candidates.
Farquhar said: "China is, understandably, of high strategic importance to ZenithOptimedia and Publicis Groupe, and I'm daunted and excited by the scope of the role.
"Most of all, I'm really grateful to Steve King (the global chief executive) and Gerry Boyle (the UK chief executive) for making this happen. It shows a global network that really cares about its people and its global ambitions."Follow @Banham72
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Graphic Designer Guru Careers £20 - 30k (DOE), Based in West Drayton, Greater London (UB7)
- Packaging Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer/ Creative Director Designate Major Players £40000 - £50000 per annum + Plus Benefits, City of London
- Group Head of Design Gemini Search £40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Benifits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- We Built This City rises up the charts after Three ad