Zenith Media looks for MD as Stephen Farquhar joins Zenith China
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 July 2012 11:00AM
Zenith Media is on the hunt for a new managing director following Stephen Farquhar's decision to depart the UK office of the Publicis-owned agency to take the role of MD of Zenith China.
Farquhar will move to China in October. He will report to Steven Chang, the ZenithOptimedia chief executive for Greater China, working alongside a yet-to-be-named MD at its sister agency Optimedia China.
Farquhar was previously the head of strategy at Zenith Media and, before that, held the same post at the WPP agency Mindshare Sydney. In the UK, he worked alongside Optimedia's MD, Mark Howley, after both agency brands took their own identities in a restructure of ZenithOptimedia in October 2010.
The agency said that it is in the process of looking for Farquhar's replacement and is considering both internal and external candidates.
Farquhar said: "China is, understandably, of high strategic importance to ZenithOptimedia and Publicis Groupe, and I'm daunted and excited by the scope of the role.
"Most of all, I'm really grateful to Steve King (the global chief executive) and Gerry Boyle (the UK chief executive) for making this happen. It shows a global network that really cares about its people and its global ambitions."Follow @Banham72
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Brand manager - TOP 3 FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £42000 - £47000 per annum + car + bonus, West London
- Business Development Manager Lodestar Events Ltd £40,000 - £50,000 salary dependent on experience + performance bonus , Offices located in South West London
- Senior national account manager Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + bonus + car, West London
- Channel Sales Manager Just Digital £70000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus + Exceptional Stock Options, City of London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity