BP to run user-generated ads in Home Team campaign
BP, a London 2012 sponsor, is honouring the unsung heroes behind the Olympic Games by using their photographs from a Facebook competition in digital outdoor ads.
The photographs that were uploaded onto the BP Facebook page for a competition to win tickets to the London 2012 Olympic Games will be used in digital outdoor ads across London from today (30 July).
The ads have been created by Ogilvy and produced by Grand Visual.
The photographs will be moderated and chosen using Grand Visual’s OpenLoop platform, which allows brands to serve ads to multiple digital outdoor formats at the same time.
The digital outdoor campaign was planned and bought by Mindshare and Kinetic and uses CBS Outdoor XTPs on the London Underground, JCDecaux’s Transvision screens at rail stations and ECNlive’s premium office network.
Mark Rose, UK brand manager at BP, said: "Like BP, there are many working hard to make the Games a success. We think it’s important they are recognised for their contribution."
The special digital outdoor campaign starring members of the public supports BP’s wider Home Team campaign, which started on 25 June and includes outdoor and digital activity.
Will Awdry, creative director at Ogilvy, said: "The true test of the BP Home Team campaign is whether it is picked up and amplified through social channels.
"Digital out of home space is where broadcast and transmit can be mashed with interact and exchange. Whilst we're delighted with the work, there's more fun yet for the audience to create."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London